the Flood Warning continues for
the sandies creek near Westhoff.
* At 9:15 am Wednesday the stage was 21.7 feet.
* Flood stage is 21.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the creek is currently 0.7 feet above minor flood stage.
The creek is expected to fall below minor flood stage by 3 PM
on Wednesday afternoon and continue falling to below action stage
by 11 PM Thursday night.
* Impact... at 22.0 feet... sandies creek escapes The Channel hundreds of yards
into the flood plain from the headwaters to the Guadalupe River confluence.
Livestock in low areas are cut off and potentially drowned. Secondary roads
and low bridges are flooded and dangerous. The approaches of the
Westhoff/Cheapside Road bridge over sandies creek are flooded and water is to
the bottom of the bridge..
Below are the latest river stages and forecasts:
bf fld observed forecast 7am
location stg stg stg day time Thu Fri Sat sun Mon
Westhoff 12 21 21.7 Wed 09 am 17.5 8.0 5.8 5.5 5.2
Lat... Lon 2923 9749 2923 9742 2918 9734 2911 9733
2909 9737 2914 9739
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
De Witt Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 10:07 CDT Aug. 24, 2016 – National Weather Service